Cognitive Health With Real Foods
The right kind of food works wonders, not just on the body but the mind as well. By eating healthy, you ensure that you have a healthy body as well as a healthy mind. This can positively affect how you function over the course of a day and ensure that you are living to your fullest potential.
- Dependant on your energy source; the body definitely needs to have its supply of either glucose or ketones.
- Lions Mane Mushroom is one herb that has amazing benefits for cognitive decline. Beta amyloid plaques in the brain are an important biomarker of Alzheimer’s disease and there’s evidence that lion’s mane can break them up.
- Blueberries & Broccoli Sprouts are other kinds of food you can turn to for added brain health. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins as well. Zinc, phosphorous, selenium, copper and magnesium are also found in these. Blueberries can work to boost the brains retentive powers as well. Broccoli Sprouts contain Sulforaphane, which increases neuronal BDNF and reduces brain inflammation.
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants as well. They also contain the carotenoid lycopene that helps in reducing free radical harm to the brain.
- Nuts such as walnuts and almonds among others are rich in Vitamin E. This helps in preventing cognitive degeneration.
- Coconut Oil .... always a controversial one. Coconut Oil is amazing for cognitive function; the brain is 60% fat and need cholesterol to function! Coconut Oil is also an MCT (medium-chain-triglyceride), which is a prime energy source for your brain.
- Eating lean meat is a good way to help the brain as well. Lean cuts of meat such as chicken, pork or beef are rich in Tyrosine. Tyrosine is an amino acid that increases the secretion of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. This helps the brain to be alert and increases its overall cognitive functioning. (Moderation is key)
For more information and Real Food Supplements, visit Temple Nutrition Online and buy real food sports nutrition products.