Keto Wagon Wheel
This week I decided to get down and dirty and recreate an Aussie favourite the Keto way. Introducing the Keto WAGON WHEEL. These guys are just like the real deal, but I guess we can say better, seen as they are basically good for you right? I have also decided that these are the equivalent of the American S'mores; who's with me? Personally I think we definitely give them a run for their money in the marshmallow filled biscuit department.
WARNING: EXTREMELY MORISH
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients.
- Mix to combine.
- Scoop up a small balls worth of mix and place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Flatten cookie, repeat.
- Place in oven at 180C for 12 minutes or until sides start to brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave.
- Take cooled cookie and dip one side in chocolate.
- Place back on baking tray and repeat.
- Once one side of each cookie has been coated in chocolate, place in fridge.
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mash up raspberrys with a fork.
- Put the jam into a jar or container and place in fridge.
- This will make more jam then needed for the wagon wheels but now you have raspberry jam on hand to add to anything you like.
- Add gelatin to a mixing bowl and cover with 1/4 cup of water.
- In a pot on the stove, add 1/4 cup of water and sweetener.
- Mix until sweetener has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add to the gelatin mixture.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk gelatin until it becomes thick and fluffy (approx 5-10mins - depending on whisk you use)
- Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until it becomes a little thicker.
The next process has to be done really quickly before the mix starts to form. If you notice you cant spread the marshmallow over the biscuit, whisk mix again slightly to get a smooth texture again.
- Remove cookies and jam from the fridge and flip each cookie over so the non chocolate side is facing upwards.
- Scoop marshmallow mix onto half of the cookies and spread jam onto the other half.
- Place the jam cookie on top of the marshmallow cookie.
- Run sides of wagon wheels through the melted chocolate.
- Place in fridge to harden.
- Remove cookies from fridge after 10mins and run sides, top and bottom of wagon wheel through melted chocolate again and place back in fridge.
- Wait 10 minutes for chocolate to harden and enjoy.
- 1/2 Cup - Coconut Flour
1/2 Tsp - Baking Powder
Pinch - Salt
- 1/4 Cup - Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp - MCT Oil
- 1/2 Cup - Erythotol
- 2 - Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
2 Tsp - Gelatin
2/4 Cup - Water
- 20g - Sweetener of Choice
- Pinch - Salt
- 1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract
- Punnit - Raspberrys
- 1Tsp - Vanilla Extract
- Water to cover
- 1/4 Cup - Chia Seeds
- 200g - Sugar Free Chocolate